Great things can come from living with 4 other girls. Someone always has nail polish remover and someone usually wants to watch Grey's Anatomy. We all like similar foods, ice cream, making music videos where we dress up like gangsters (I'm not even embarrassed to admit that) and we all like the same people/bars, so we can go out together. Nice deal.
But, terrible things come from living with four other girls, sometimes the terrible things outweigh the great things. This is more often then not the case for me.
We have two bathroom, which is totally a luxury and unheard of at most college campuses. I share mine with the same girl I share a bedroom with. She has yet to discover it's courteous to pull your hair out of the drain when you shower. I'm not without fault. I leave my make up and hairspray around the sink all the time and I know it looks cluttered and messy, I'm really trying to stop that though.
GROCERIES!! Such a hot button issue in our room. With five roommates, an 80 dollar grocery bill should not be a big deal. But, when three of your roommates continually cop out and never pay, it is. So after awhile, me and the other girl who buy groceries regularly stopped buying for everybody. Our grocery bill is still a lot, but we have to eat. No one offers to chip in, but they feel fine about using the basic things like milk, butter or eggs. (If i ever find out how many eggs they took without paying for them I could make a massive omelet.)
Loud, screaming telephone conversations that make it impossible for your roommate to sleep should be avoided. Crying and telling your ex-boyfriend to "fuck off or you'll make me kill someone" is concerning. So, when your other roommates ask you "can we do something, can we help" don't feel like they're butting into your life, we are honestly just being caring friends.
I really want things to be happy go lucky, where everyone shares milk and can tolerate being in the same room as each other. I'm not asking for big things like remembering it's your week to clean the living room or vacuum. Just harmony and peace would be nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment