Monday, December 21, 2009

My Life=Pathetic

When I'm on any kind of extended break, home from school, all I really do is lay around my house and do the following:
  • Eat. Cookies, cereal, eggs (scrambled, or egg salad), pasta with hot sauce, taco chips with salsa, toast, any kind of Christmas leftover. Yeah, I'm such a lazy, fatty.
  • Watch pointless TV. Today it was a CSI marathon and Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Tomorrow I'm SO looking forward to Top 40 Music Videos of 2009
  • Run errands for my grandparents. Bake with them, clean their garage, visit with them and let them tell me the same stories over and over again.
  • Go to work Christmas functions...including an ugly sweater party, decorating the office, White Elephant exchange, pot luck dinners. Stuff that would be fun if it wasn't with the people I worked with.
  • Think about exercising, but really only attempt it twice, maybe three times if I feel ambitious.
  • Drive my sister to 95 basketball games, watch them all with the other parents that religiously attend their children's game and pretend I know how to follow the game.
  • Go to movies with Rachel, or eat ethnic food. Hang out with Mike and Lin, shooting the breeze. Attempt to make their dog Layla like me more.
  • Catch up with Steven, determine our lives are heading down the toilet. Watch movies I would never see otherwise.
In all honesty, I totally enjoy this though. Even if it makes me sound like a waste, I feel so stressed out throughout the year, I really like taking the few weeks I have at home to just relax. And in all honesty, I'm not just a bump on a log. I do work, plus this break I'm starting the internship with the DA Domestic Violence Bureau and we see family a ton during Christmas.

How does this have anything to do with my over all life plan of saving the world...well. I think we all deserve a break sometimes. We live in a world that tells us to "go, go, go" and it makes no sense to live that way only to become burned out and tired of all the things that we do love. So, everyone take a break, because we all deserve it. Barack, Oprah, Brangelina, the Pope, Lady GaGa, Anderson Cooper and Meryl Streep (you so deserve it, you make so may movies!!) all of you take a break, because I know I will be too.

No comments: