Sorry Charlie, but I will totally respect your winter traditions if you can respect mine. Wish me a Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukah, Winter Solstice (like the Gap commercial says)-it will not bother me, I'm just glad you celebrate something bigger then yourself. So in return let me wish you a "Merry Christmas" because for me, Christ is part of my holiday.
2. Christmas commercials
Started way too early. The day after Halloween really? I could barely comprehend the fact that Halloween had just ended and already they're advertising for blinking lights, a talking reindeer for my front lawn (TACKY!!), and a Christmas Life Time movie about a little girl who was like adandoned by her alcoholic father and he returns in the form of Santa Claus twenty years later to make amends and spread Christmas joy...(lame, dangerous and sooo cheesy.)
3. Fa-la-la-la-la
Christmas music=favorite. I honestly play it year round, so I'm always ready for a good round of "Frosty". Also, I will admit that I LOVE all the holiday music specials with crazy conglomerates of artists like Josh Groban, Aretha Franklin, Carrie Underwood and Bruce Springsteen all singing in Rockefeller Center. I live for those specials.
4. Christmas list.
Yes, I still make one. Here for your convenience, just in case...
Ralph Lauren cable v-neck cardigan
Ralph Lauren cable crew neck sweater
JCrew Evie ruffle top
Banana Republic jeans
Old Navy satin trimmed cardigan
Greys Anatomy Season 5 DVD
Money for my Germany trip!!
Okay, so recap. Yea, it's Christmas!! Remember the reason for the season, keep dumb commercials to a minimum, sing lots of Christmas carols, (I like classy sweaters), spend time with your friends and family, play in the snow (if you don't have snow, you're missing outt!!), love every minute of this beautiful time of year, because that's what's best about Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment