Tuesday, November 25, 2008

T-Day = Excellence

What an excellent concept for a holiday!! Oh thanksgiving, I love you. Not only am I so glad to be home, visiting friends, seeing family and eating- but I am such a sappy person and I love giving thanks.

At tutoring today, we were eating our little make-shift turkey dinner and I was sitting with Mungu who is like sniffly and has boogers leaking from his nose because he has this gross flu. And even though I kept making him blow his nose into a napkin, he is my favorite part of the week. I look forward to all his incoherent blabbering, his crazy stories and his inability to read.

Last night twleve dirt poor college kids each made a Thanksgiving dish and we crowded in a too small living room and ate until we were all so full we couldn't move and I had personally finished the green bean casserole. We polished off three bottles of wine, laughed alot, took pictures and tried to clean up the mess.

I have best friends who listen to me crying from the laundry room, or talk about how I think I have diabetes. They tolerate me and my worrying, my bad driving, incessant story telling. I am proud of all of them and bascially, my life would be pointless without them.

And finally, I am thankful for a crazy but admittedly wonderful family, Ugg boots, frozen Twix bars, Grey's Anatomy, the new Taylor Swift song that I want to hate but secretly I love, and green bean casserole.

Hug your family, cheers to good friends and times. Pray for good health and happy thanksgiving.

No comments: