Although my problem is I doubt I could become a hippie. I buy expensive shampoo and like shopping at the Gap.
It's just really frustrating for me to feel so stagnant. I want to do so much and I know right now at nineteen most of it is just a pipe dream, but I'm like itching to teach some illiterate Polish kids how to read. (Which I guess is a big problem in Poland, literacy I mean.) Also what's hard is that nothing about our society makes it even remotely note-worthy to put effort and time into helping someone out who's down on their luck.
Okay, so all that ridiculous-ness set aside, I'm Liz. I'm a sociology, child family and community studies major at Canisius College. (Hoping also to get a certificate in Women's Studies.) Basically I want to take every course about poor people or like "breaking the glass ceiling" that this school has to offer. I have a great group of friends, who put up with me and my endless plans to save humanity.
I love music, watching random TV shows and good movies. I love love love to read. Basically if it has words, I'll try reading it. If I could, I would eat ethnic food all day. I can't say I have a favorite but Thai and Mexican are a close tie. (No pun intended, haha) And that's it. Nothing else too interesting.
Later gator.
No comments:
Post a Comment